Sunday, April 19, 2009

Weekend with Bubba!


Briana went to Vegas for the weekend so I volunteered to take care of Isaac for a few nights.  Taking care of a kid straight, not just baby-sitting for a few hours, was completely different!  Here are a few things I learned:

1.  You will never ever ever get to sleep in again.  When the kid wakes up, they want you to wake up too.  Just putting Sponge Bob on (which apparently isn't a mom approved TV show, who knew?) while I tried to fall back asleep was very unsuccessful.  

2. You have to be careful about the things you say and watch on TV around kids.  This I learned after I heard Isaac say, "What the heck!", and after he was watching Lost with me he asked if that guy's arm that was just ripped off was real.  Oops!

3. Don't even try and feed them chicken that is not in the shape of dinosaurs or mac n' cheese not from the blue box. 



4. When they say they have to go to the bathroom, they mean NOW!

5. Church is completely pointless.  I spent the entire time trying to entertain him, reminding him what it means to whisper, or telling him to stop tossing goldfish crackers at the people in front of us.  

6.  Say goodbye to freedom.  I went out Saturday night, I had to find someone to watch him, and then I actually felt guilty all night for leaving him.  

This was really the best birth control in the world.  Every teenage girl should just babysit for a weekend, problem solved!  As much as I love my Bubba, I don't think I'm going to complain (well let's be realistic, won't complain as much) the next time I have to stay up until 5:30am studying.  


4 comments:

Kaylynn said...

Wow - you really get it! I'm proud of you. Next time I'll leave my 3 with you - we'll see how you like multiples!

Maureen said...

You forgot one, don't give the little man a hula hoop around lawn statues! at least He tried to put it back together. (I was ready for a new one anyway) I love that little curly head!

lexiedawn said...

what a little gem!

Anonymous said...

First off I owe Chelsea a HUGE Thank You! She didn't complain a bit. Second if any one knows of any teenagers in need of this special weekend treatment of Birth Control let me know. I missed him quite a bit!!! THANKS CHAY