Wednesday, September 24, 2008

This may be the death of me...




So yes I know there are huge things going on in the world right now, financial crisis, DOW down 300, McCain, Obama, Stephanie going on a date with Doug on Monday's The Hills, but get a load of this...








Mountain lion scare shuts down high school
- Published 12:00 am PDT Wednesday, September 24, 2008


Del Oro High School was locked down Tuesday morning after a possible sighting of a mountain lion in a nearby neighborhood.
The school was warned by Placer County sheriff's officials about several possible sightings, said Anne Evans of Placer Union High School District.
The lockdown was issued at 9 a.m. and was lifted 40 minutes later, Evans said. As a precaution, outdoor physical education classes were curtailed for the day, she said.
Sheriff's Lt. Jeff Ausnow said the department received a call about 1:30 a.m. from a resident reporting a possible mountain lion in the area of Sun Knoll Drive, about a mile from Del Oro High School. Ausnow said the possible sighting will be handled by the state Department of Fish and Game officials.


Where the crap do we live? Don't the suburbs guarantee me some sort of city life where the possibility of being eaten by a rabid animal is out of the quesiton? I mean I could throw a rock to Del Oro, it is practically in our front yard! As if the bobcat sighting in our backyard, or the coyote who likes to drink from our neighbors pool, or the million skunks, raccoons, and possums that are plaguing this house aren't enough, now I have one more thing to be terrified of when I'm coming home late at night, and dear old Pops has turned off all the lights and locked the door. Seriously, it's amazing I'm still alive.

3 comments:

Lindsey Jaye Parry said...

It's a good thing you're not dramatic.

So if I am still alive while living amongst bears, you might survive with the little kitty cats. I bet you will be setting some sprinting records from your car door to the front door.

Chelsea said...

Just in case anyone was wondering about these "little kitty cats":

"Near the top of North America's wildlife food chain is the mountain lion, a close second to bears in various forms in ferocity, strength, and killing ability. In recent years, the wild felines, also known variously as panthers, pumas, cougars, catmounts (cat of the mountains), and big cat, increasingly have become entangled with every animal's worst enemy—man. "
- Quoted from Backwood's Magazine

That's right bears are a close second!!

Maureen said...

I heard about the lock down while I was at work, Becky (co-worker) got a message from her son, saying they had a lock down, well "we" being over dramatic mothers who watch way to much Fox 40 news, know for sure there has been a terrorist attack of some kind and the buildings are going down, As Im grabbing my keys to pick up Josh at the Elementary school 'because you know if there is a lock down because of terrorist at Del Oro, the grades schools are next. But before I could get to car "Becky gets another tex that its just a mountain lion, "oh I say, clock me back in"