Saturday, August 2, 2008

Our Little Writer!

Friday morning I walk downstairs and this is what is taped to the wall right as you walk down so it can't be missed!  If only he could use his powers for good.  For those of you who don't know Taylor has a little bit of a video game "problem". 

Dad: Taylor, shut your game off.  It's 2:30 am.
Taylor: But father, I can not sleep.
Dad: The game probably has something to do with that.  Anyways I have a lot for you to do tomorrow and you know what they say, "The early bird gets the world".
Taylor: Who is saying that?
Dad: People
Taylor: Well these people obviously don't know me very well.
Dad: Why's that?
Taylor: Well lets say you were creating a metaphor with two main characters, one, a majestic bird soaring the skies, the other a lowly worm soaring the dung piles.  Now you had to choose one main character to fit me, who might you choose?
Dad: The worm
Taylor: Exactly, now according to your little metaphor the hot time to be bird food is early in the morning so by waking early I would definitely be securing my own demise.
Dad: Yeah, that's tru..
Taylor: I'm not finished father.  Okay so if I wait to wake up till...lets say noon-ish, the birds shall be filled to the beak with all those moron worms who listen to your terrible advice/metaphor and died subsequently, leaving me to roam all the crap fields I want, without a care in the world...now that's a well tailored metaphor.
Dad: Go to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Taylor, how do you think of things so fast!! you are what they call "quick witted" hows that for a label!!