Monday, October 6, 2008

We're having a fire! ...sale

Taylor is learning so much at college:




So imagine your minding your own business one night, trying to fix yourself a BLT when you are so very rudely interrupted by an extremely loud obnoxious noise. Well this happened to me on the night of the 32nd and as i cooked my bacon the smoke wafted a bit into the family room thereby setting off the fire alarm. Remembering my days back home i waved a pillow at it to try and get it to stop but to no avail. As it continued i started to notice a large amount of people outside and as i stepped outside i came to realize that not only our apartment's alarm was going off but the whole building complete with strobe lights sending many into seizures. My room mates and I knock on the manager's door but no one answers so we sit outside for 20 minutes waiting for the fire trucks to come and save us. Eventually they and the police did come (the policeman made some rude comments about not being able to make bacon where i made some very witty remarks about; the police, bacon, pigs and pig noses, but i won't repeat those here). Once it stopped i finished making my sandwich putting the undercooked bacon meaningfully in; meanwhile, all my roomates got about 12 dates all together feeding like leaches off the experience taking advantage of the fact that 50 girls were there, wondering who started the fire. And amongst cheers and songs started like "Taylor started the fire! it was always burning, the world was turning" Taylor cries a single tear....

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Taylor, I think I heard those sirens going off while I was talking ot Alexie on the phone, It was so loud, "she said they are zooming past, and there was alot, little did she know it was her cousin burning the place down. (or cooking bacon, either one) Glad you got your sandwich and I hope you got a date out of it too, or at least a offer to cook your bacon.